Created by Shari Medini
For more on this topic, check out the full Gift Giving collection
I spend a lot of time picking out gifts every holiday season, but I often forget about stocking presents! Here is a list of 10 stocking stuffer ideas that can work for younger and older kids!
- Art supplies like crayons, markers, and stickers. Kids go through art supplies so quickly that they can always use more! Most of these items are inexpensive and fit easily into a stocking.
- Personal care items like chapstick, band-aids, and gum. Kids love to feel grown up and carry around their own toiletry type items, and now is the perfect time to buy them for them and disguise these items as gifts.
- Coupons or certificates for your kids’ favorite places. These can be the real thing or certificate that you create and print out yourself. Your children will love knowing that they’ll get to go to their favorite restaurant or favorite activity.
- Snack size packs of their favorite snacks. These could be the small packs of animal crackers, pretzels, fruit snacks, or even candy. Your kids will be happy to munch on these while they open the rest of their gifts.
- Mini figurines of their favorite characters. You can find tiny sets of characters from most TV shows, video games, and movies online. These are perfect to squeeze into stockings, and there is something fun about collecting tiny toys.
- Paperback books with their favorite characters or favorite series. Paperback books have enough bend that they can curve and slide into a stocking.
- Silly putty, play doh, or related supplies. Playing with silly putty or play doh never seems to get old. You could also put a few cookie cutter type pieces in the stocking as well!
- Bouncy balls, squishy balls, and yo yos are all great options to put in the toe of stockings. It is an inexpensive option that is still entertaining for a wide variety of ages.
- Temporary tattoos are something that are sure to be a hit with your kids. Of course the downside is that your children might insist on a tattoo sleeve just in time for Christmas dinner.
- Mini electronics can be a hit. You’d be surprised to find that simple things like flashlights and calculators can quickly become a favorite gift!
*For more on this topic, check out the full Gift Giving collection*
Expert parenting advice & resources from Adore Them