This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
This article is brought to you by Karissa Tunis
Our family loves hanging out at the pool, and could literally spend all day in the water! But, I know I’ve said it before, I am not a fan of typical water toys. Any toy that has a hole to squirt water usually ends up in the trash within a few weeks as I begin to see the mildew inside.
- Little spray bottles
- Paint brushes – my kids love painting “water lines” on the pavement and watching it dry
- Hard little animal toys – my kids LOVE animals! So the hard little animals that you can buy are awesome! They might be a little expensive (several dollars per animal) but they hold up. Weather it’s in the dirt, the mud, the sand, or the pool, these animals go everywhere with us.
- Barbie Mermaids – these are always a big hit with my daughters friends
- Cheap plastic cups – my little kids love sitting on the pool steps and pouring water between the cups
- Plastic Easter Eggs – kids love filling these up, watching them sink to the bottom, and hiding their small toys inside
- Squid Divers – my kids love playing with these as animals, but the older two love diving in the pool for these as well
- Pool noodle slings – great for just floating and relaxing, but not difficult to climb into like a lot of pool rafts