This post contains Amazon & Etsy affiliate links.
This article is brought to you by Amber Floyd.
As a parent your child’s safety is a top priority. You will go to great lengths to protect your child from any type of harm! You may spend hours researching the latest and greatest safety products or maybe you’re the type to post on your local Mom Facebook page for personal recommendations for the best safety gate, security system, car seat, etc. Let me save you some time and share some of my favorite summer safety hacks and tips!
1. If you love to travel or take your kids to the zoo or local children’s museum you know how easily they can slip away in the crowd. These tattoos were created with YOU in mind! With over 20 designs available you’re sure to find just the right one for each of your kids!
2. Drink lots of water! Whether you’re playing in the water, walking around at the zoo or just hanging out in your yard make sure everyone stays hydrated in the heat! You can make it fun for the kids and make ice pops with watermelon or blend 2 cups of your favorite fruit with 1 cup of water and freeze!
3. Many parents choose to become CPR & First Aid certified once they have children. This is a very wise choice because you just never know when your child may choke on a piece of food or small object or take a big fall that needs immediate attention. Well, there’s an app for that! The CPR First Aid App provides step-by-step instructions for adults and children and does not require internet connection. There are many CPR apps available but I love this one because it’s so simple and provides pictures with each step!
4. Pool safety is huge! And if you have a pool in your yard safety is essential! I love this Techko Safe Pool Alarm door & window sensor!! It detects when any door, window or other entryway to the pool is opened without the adult bypass button. How awesome is that!? The alarm continues to sound until the adult button is pushed, unlike some door sensors that just beep once. You can purchase yours here.
5. Another great item to keep for your kiddos around the pool is this awesome swimming alarm wristband! It alerts you when the band has been submerged in water or when your child is out of their allowed range (set by you). There is even a compatible app available so you can get notifications on your phone or other device!
Featured Contributor: Amber Floyd
My name is Amber, and I’m the owner of My Cherished Jewels! I was born and raised in Kansas City, MO and have worked with families all my life and am currently serving new moms as a part-time labor and postpartum doula in addition to providing safety tattoos on Etsy!
Expert parenting advice & resources from Adore Them