Created by Shari Medini
For more on this topic, check out the full Helping Others collection
From a young age, children are interested in the world around them; and Earth Day gives us a unique opportunity to talk more about how our kids can help this wonderful planet that we inhabit!
Continue reading this article below, or click play to listen to this article being read to you!
- Conserve Water: Turn off the water when you’re brushing your teeth, don’t fill the bathtub up too full, & be conscious of how much water you are using when you play outside water games over the summer.
- Save Electricity: Unplug the iPad charger when it is fully charged, turn off the TV when you’re not watching it, turn off the lights when you leave a room.
- Keep Your Leftovers: Be aware of food waste by saving your leftovers for later or putting less on your plate next mealtime.
- Recycle: Learn how to recycle various items and materials, & then be sure to do it correctly each week.
- Care for Animals & Insects: Bees & spiders might seem scary & icky, but they all serve a purpose in our environment. Learn more about the critters in your environment – they are fascinating!
- Don’t Waste Paper: Use both sides of a piece of paper to color, use scrap paper from other projects, or color on other fun materials like old cardboard boxes.
- Pick Up Trash: Help your local community by throwing away trash that you find on the sidewalks, at the playground, or around your school.
- Walk When You Can: If there is a park, store, or library close to you, encourage your family to walk there together instead of driving the short distance.
- Try Composting: Composting allows you to turn your trash (like kitchen or yard waste) into reusable soil for your garden, which keeps this trash out of landfills and water treatment facilities.
- Keep Learning About Earth: One of the best ways that you can help the Earth is to continue to learn about it! There are amazing bits of science all around us every single day. Keep learning & keep trying – together we can keep our Earth an incredible place to live 🙂
Submit your email to receive instant access to this FREE printable!
And for more on this topic, check out the full Helping Others collection
Expert parenting advice & resources from Adore Them